Monday, February 6, 2012

Bravery

 Lately, several of the bloggers I follow have opened up to the webiverse. Deep, dark secrets and pains that have received amazing response and encouragement...solidarity. 

It's been incredible to be a part of it...even just as a reader. Because the bravery it takes to show the world what lies beneath your skin...is massive.

I've been learning, over these past couple years, to be a bit braver.

It's a daily process for someone like me. I grew up solving my own problems. harbouring my secrets. running through my own scenarios in my mind until I'd resolved my issues. I internalise. Keep it close to the vest.

But the thing is, we all have pain. something hurt us. someone hurt us. we hurt ourselves.

so, taking the blogiverse...this personal, world-wide diary, and using it to reach out...to blast through our boundaries...that's beautiful. Because in telling, we heal. in sharing, we find kindred spirits. and in saying "I hurt" we can start finding the tools to heal.

I'm getting there slowly. I still push the bullshit into the shadows. but I'm getting there.

I hurt. step one.

Prompt #93: Write about that thing you've been afraid to write about.

No comments: