Monday, December 12, 2011

Things (people, places) I love in 400 words...


Thank you, Tanya Geisler for the inspiration...

My sweet (15 year old) baby boy. The perfect silence that follows a fresh snow. Long talks with best friends. Bottles of wine shared with Kaci & Shannon. Dark dark chocolate. The perfect Italian dinner. Incredible breathtaking sunsets. The smell of the ocean. Anna’s laugh. A really great day spent with the camera and my sweetheart. Dance. Texts that say “I love you Mom”. Cheese. Bread. Dancing Matt on youtube. Music that makes me cry. Music that makes me smile. Music that makes me laugh. Road trips with Kaci. Morning text time with my Mom. Surprise gifties “just because”. Highland Coffee Company. Crème Brulee with surprise raspberries. Hugs. Kisses. Wearing the perfect outfit. Having an “I’m amazing!” kind of day. Feeling beautiful. Hugging a tree. Knowing I’m loved. Writing a great poem. Walking barefoot on super soft damp grass. Getting back in touch with long lost friends. Elephants. Cream Cheese and Wheat Thins. Smiles from people I love. Smiles from strangers. Laughing until my belly hurts and tears stream down my face. Super soft comfy blankets. Kitties purring. Wind in my hair. The first hint of Spring. The vibrant colours of fall. The perfect sweater. Phone calls that leave me smiling. My jobs. Bath & Body Works lip gloss. Maddie singing her abc’s to me. Muffin’s smiley face when I plant a thousand kisses on her forehead. Bri screaming “Auntie Karen! I missed you so much!”. My Polar Bear. The friends I can say anything to. Warm rain New Orleans style. Blue cheese stuffed green olives. Hopptini’s. Eastwick. Swingsets. Being back in Louisville and feeling completely happy every time I see the skyline. Driving across the country. Christmas lights. Walking along the Puget Sound. Port Townsend and Better Living Through Coffee’s Chai Latte. The fact that “I’m Henry the 8th I am Henry the 8th I am I am” can make me smile every time I think about it. Being told I’m the “awesomest”.  Watching my favourite movies. Leaves crunching under my feet. Caterpillars and ladybugs. Singing and laughing with Kathi. Finding something I thought I’d lost. Baking something from scratch that makes someone happy. Getting a new tattoo. Taking a long bath with a great book and a glass of wine. Waking up with music in my head. The unconditional love of life-long friends. My family – those I was lucky enough to pick and those linked by blood. This. 

Prompt #85: Your turn. write your own "things I love in 400 words."  It's not as easy as it seems, but it is oh so worth it!

2 comments:

Stephan said...

I love it when people like you talk about what they love.

Karen said...

Stephan - I think yours might be my most favourite comment. ever.