Monday, September 20, 2010

Winding down...and giggling

Arrived back in Texas today from my nearly month-long Seattle trip.

My dear friend made the drive back with me. we always laugh a lot together. my abs hurt today.

We first met about seven years ago while working for the same company. We used to laugh together so much that our boss would walk down the hall and carefully shut our door, because our laughter would echo down the hallway and disturb our co-workers. They always wondered what kind of fun they were having while they toiled away. (side note: we always got our work done)

So one night, about two weeks ago, she handed me a few gifts she'd collected for me. The first thing she gave me was a little block of wood, about six inches long, one word painted across it: Giggle.

We giggled for 30 minutes.

Prompt #21 - What or who makes you happy? Who do you giggle with? What makes you laugh?

2 comments:

Joanne said...

email comments that fly between my father, brother, sister, and me - sometimes it's laugh out loud funny and I feel like we're at the dinner table all talking at once. That's laughter. Giggling, for me, occurs, when I get a pile of comics in the mail from my father. All cartoons he's found funny, cut out for me, and then re-chuckles at before he mails. I'm smiling now as I think about it.

Tammy said...

That is my kind of workout. Made me smile just to read this!