Monday, February 28, 2011

Weather...or not

So...yesterday we were all set up for a "dynamic" weather system to churn through the Ohio River Valley.

By late evening/early morning the wind was roaring fierce and ferocious-like, and we were pretty sure we were in for a real "walloping."

Then...the storm was past us. in like, a matter of moments. ummm...where did it go? Where was all the rain? Where was the thunder and severe weather? and it's not like it didn't exist...there were several funnel clouds nearby and 65+ mile an hour winds, warnings and watches...it just...it was the storm that wasn't.

Not that I'm sad about it. I'm not a big fan of tornadoes. I mean, I appreciate their awesome power, and I'm totally wowed by the dynamics which must be in place in order to create this awesome, turbulent force of nature, I just don't particularly want to be in the path of that power.

Prompt #44: Write about the power of the weather. Write about storms. real storms, life storms, emotional storms.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I have to say, until I moved to Texax (from PA), I had no idea about storms. The lightning here is beyond words, and the crazy rain
should have another word assigned to it. My husband's knee is its own barometer. He's limping already. I predict an onslaught of spring storms. Batten down the hatches.

Karen said...

Joanne - I too, am a human barometer. My head plugs up something fierce when the air changes.