Monday, February 21, 2011

Lean on me...

I'm a lucky girl.

I am blessed with some of the most amazing women in my life, women I am more than proud to call "friend."

A few weeks ago I was transitioning through a rough patch, and I tend to be the type of person who walks through those woods alone. I don't ask for help, I don't like to cry, and I don't want the people I love to know when I've had a bad day. I usually wait until after the fact and then share my dismay.

so a few days ago, when my touchstone girl called and asked how I've been, I told her I'm good now, but a few weeks ago I felt like a disaster. She wondered why I didn't call her. I told her what I just said above.  I didn't want her to know how bad off I'd been.

She said:
as the song goes, "lean on me when you’re not strong and I’ll be your friend.  I’ll help you carry on."

Oh yah. That's what friends are for. I guess sometimes we all need a reminder, and we all need to know there are those who love us endlessly, even when we are at our weakest.

Prompt #43: Who do you lean on? Do you sometimes need a reminder that you're not alone - that there are people willing to help carry that load when it gets too heavy?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Lovely. I tend to be the same way, but one of MY touchstone girls told me that sometimes it's actually a gift to let someone help you. When I thought about it, of course I realized it's true. Hope all is better now!