Monday, July 18, 2011

in a nutshell...

My mother used to write a column for several small-town newspapers, it was called "County Roads." (which she compiled a small smattering of for her collection Song of County Roads - published by Silver Boomer Books in September of 2009)

so...long story short, I remember one of her columns ended with a line like "that's me, in a nutshell...which is where I belong." I always loved that line. makes me giggle right out loud, even now, when I can't remember the rest of the article.

so (segue) I present you with my last 10 months...in a nutshell.

at the tail end of October 2010, I left Texas... (all photo credits: keg)

...went to Seattle until just after Christmas...



...off to Minot, North Dakota until mid-February...



...and made a permanent move to Louisville February 13, 2011...


so there you go...a brief little photo montage of my (almost) past year. I'm settled in, with two jobs, I'm writing some poetry again after a few long months of not quite enough motivation or inspiration, I'm moved in to a groovy apartment and things feel like they are calming down a bit, falling into place and adapting to a wonderful stride.


Prompt #64: describe or depict your life in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Karen, you've moved more than my whole family has in their lives. Truly - my father's been in his home in PA for 55 years. My aunt has been living in the house she was born in for 84 years. There was a very brief hiatus, when she first married and my uncle was in the Army. However, she moved back, into that house, and actually my grandmother went to an apt. down the alley. So, in a nutshell, my blood - the Crowther's of Quakertown PA - are not free spirit movers. I'm daring with my one move to Texas. We settle, we "nest". Anyway - loved your post, your moves, and I wish you all the best anywhere you go!

Karen said...

Joanne - several years ago I sat down and wrote all the places I've lived...I had 33 I could remember in about as many years. many of the moves were within the same town or state, but I've moved around a lot.